Monday, October 30, 2006

Studio Friday: My Collection

This week's topic for Friday October 27th suggested by Silvia: MY COLLECTION(S)!

"Most people collect something, it would be fun to see what others have in their collections."
~ Silvia

When I first started thinking about this topic, it seemed like I didn't have a large collection of anything other than books. (I love books of all kinds.) I tend to get a few thing that interest me and then I'm off to something else. Then I remembered my pottery. My collection of pottery has been with me a long time. While it's not very large, it has grown steadily. Whenever I'm at an arts festival or a gallery and have some extra money, I'll often buy a piece of pottery. Family and friends have given me pieces over the years. These are a few of my favorite pieces. They have a variety of styles, but all are loved and used. There's just something about the care and inspiration that has gone into each piece that makes it a delight to use.

3 comments:

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

That's lovely! To use plates and cups and such that someone has made, that's so cool! I'd love to have a glass of wine from those ceramic wine-glasses!

Suzie Q said...

Wonderful pottery collection! I have a collection similar to yours, but mostly in little pieces! ;)

Thank you for sharing yours..

Q x

Lori said...

These pieces are so colorful, I love pottery too!