Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week 3 Sketch Page

2009 Week3
Ink and watercolor in sketchbook

Last week's sketch page is kind of dull, I'm afraid. The only thing happening was the weather, but at least the sun came out. That's what everyone was talking about. I was going to enter the Different Strokes from Different Folks but I decided to abandon my painting before it was finished. I'm fascinated by buildings but I'm never happy with my paintings of buildings. Obviously I'm searching for a different look for them but I just don't know what it is yet. I'll figure it out one of these days.

Clint Watson has an interesting blog post by Keith Bond on making time for art. I know making time for art is always a struggle for me. Even if you never want to do art full time, there are some good advice and suggestions in there. It's easy to get caught up in things that aren't that important if you don't make a conscious effort.

0 comments: