Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 2 Sketch Page

2009 - Week2 - Sydney Harper
Ink and watercolor in sketchbook

I had a hard time getting back into any kind of routine this past week after my time off at Christmas. All of the rain we've had lately hasn't helped either. The week started with rain and ended with rain. The sun did come out for a little while. I went to the Army Surplus store and found a bag that should make a good sketching bag. It's 10 w x 10 h x 5 inches deep. It had pockets inside that look to be a good size for brushes, pens, pencils and such. When I went to purchase it, the guy at the counter said a lot of women had been buying them for to use as purses. I'm also very pleased with my little sketchbook. It's an inexpensive Daler-Rowney Cachet sketchbook with cream colored pages. I think it's the field sketchbook. It works well for pencil, pen and watercolor. It's not watercolor paper but it's not bad for a sketchbook.

I'm still going through my Photoshop Classroom in a Book and learning a lot. I don't think I would be learning this much if I was just trying to learn it as I used it. Right now I'm about halfway through the book. The examples used for the lessons cover a wide variety of uses too. I'm enjoying it and I think it will pay off in the long run.


0 comments: