Saturday, November 25, 2006

Studio Friday: Comfort


This week's topic for Friday November 24th suggested by Lisa: COMFORT!

" I recently splurged on a new office chair, and it is making a huge difference in how my back and neck feel at the end of the day, since I spend a lot of time at my computer. Now that the weather has turned a little chilly in the mornings, I'm using my heated lap blanket on my chair to make my work spot even cozier. I wonder what other artists do to make their studios more comfy. Comfort foods? Family photos on the wall? A cozy spot for an afternoon nap?".
~ Lisa


My major comfort is the day bed that I talked about for Studio Friday Indulgences. Since my studio is also the guest bedroom and home office, it serves a useful purpose but it's also the spot where I can read, nap, and think about my projects. My other comfort, especially on these colder days, is my woven shawl that I keep on my desk chair. It keeps me toasty warm on cold mornings or evenings when I'm writing, reading, or sketching.

See more Studio Friday here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shawl!

Anonymous said...

It looks so warm and soft!