Sunday, March 13, 2011

Strathmore Workshop 2 and a Little Inspiration

Strath2011ws1a Page from Workshop 1 showing progression
of page through weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4

 

Workshop 2

The second Strathmore Visual Journal workshop started this month. It's "Start Where You Are" with instructor Linda Blinn. Rather than work on a single page, this workshop focuses on a variety of techniques you can use in your journal. I'll show you later what I've done so far. I got a bit of a late start. That's the nice thing about these workshops. You don't have to start on the first week if you're busy with something else. Just to wrap up Workshop 1, I thought I would show you how the pages progressed during the workshop.  Click the pictures to embiggen.

Strath2011ws1Another page from Workshop 1 showing
progression of page through weeks 1-4.

 

A Little Inspiration

I'm a selfhelp-aholic. I always buying self-help books and downloading eBooks and audio files, more than I can read. Sometime last summer I downloaded an interview with Steven Pressfield on Lateral Action. I've forgotten how I found out about it. It sat on my computer until the other day when I was looking for something to listen to driving to work. Steven Pressfield writes military novels but for most artists he's probably better known for his book, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles. It was a wonderful interview. He talks about resistance to doing the things you want to do and how to overcome it, as well as some of his own experiences. It was a lively and inspiring interview, with just a bit of woo-woo. I ended up listening to it a couple of times.

I'm off to work on Workshop 2.

1 comments:

Chris said...

Breaking through one's own resistance sounds like a useful technique to have.