Sunday, December 06, 2009

Getting Back in My Groove: Garlic Sketch

Garlic

Garlic Bulb and Cloves, ink and watercolor in watercolor Moleskine
© 2009 Sydney Harper

So getting back to my veggies that I’ve been sketching, here’s some garlic. Well, on second thought, I’m not sure most people would consider it a vegetable. It’s food so it will have to do. I decided to punch up the color a bit on the garlic, otherwise it would have been a little bland. At first I was afraid I had gone too far. Now that it is a day later, I like it better. I still may try it again sometime. You can see my previous veggies here, here, here, here, and here.

My personal life has been rather chaotic lately, so it’s been difficult getting back into my groove. I think I’m almost there now though. I still have some backlogged things I want to do but they should be easy to squeeze in.

6 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Sydney, these sketches are wonderful. It's inspiration for me to get out the sketch pad again.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting!

Martha

Sydney Harper said...

Thanks for the nice comments! I just recently discovered your blog and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

knitseashore said...

Sydney, I am so jealous! Your work is beautiful!!! Did you have any training or are you self-trained?

I took a few art classes, and have been wanting to get back to drawing again. But I've also been doing writing, and just can't make up my mind.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your process and your practice!

Robin said...

VERY Cool! I love veggies -- love their colors. You really should consider that online class. Fun and it would get you back in the swing! You should list your art blog in the sidebar of your other blog.

Margaret Roach said...

I am so happy to have a chance to see you work, thanks to your comment over at my place. Thank you much; the garlic and the leeks, in particular, are stunning. (You have a way with Alliums, apparently!). See you soon.

Sydney Harper said...

Thanks so much for visiting and for the nice comments, Margaret! The alliums are one of my favorite flowers in the garden too.