Sunday, December 31, 2006

Studio Friday: Proud Artist Of...


"How about you show a piece of art, or something that you have made in your studio, that really nobody has seen and you are proud of. "
~
Lee

I had to think about this for a while. My goal this year has been to actually show off my work, rather than just stashing it away. So I went back through my old stuff, and I mean really old stuff, and came up with this one. Up until this point, I viewed my sketchbook as just a place to practice my drawing technique. This painting came right out of material in my sketchbook. That's when I realized that my sketchbook was a good source for future paintings. You can see the transition in the type of material in this sketchbook from that point. I like it because I see it as a transition.
See more art at Studio Friday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be interesting to see your progess as an artist. Love seeing the watermelon and summery fruits on a snowy day!